Time for Participation (T4P) is a new project to help schools and academies to transform achievement, behaviour and wellbeing through the power of participation.
You will learn:
- How shared decision-making changes the school culture
- The type of pupil participation that improves achievement, behaviour and wellbeing
- The psychological theory that underpins participatory practice
- How to harness and increase motivation for all pupils
- How to start sharing decision-making in your own school
This project will help you to:
- Mobilise the efforts of all pupils and staff to maximise learning.
- Develop an engaging curriculum that has relevance to the lives of your pupils.
- Reduce teacher workload and utilise staff more efficiently
- Support teachers to modernise their role
- Co-design policies and curriculum with pupils
- Gather evidence of quality for Ofsted
- Construct a bespoke list of participation principles for your own school
- Create a school culture where every person feels valued
- Demonstrate that pupils are at the heart of everything you do
This project takes place over 12 months, and schools can access the following support:
- One day Launch Workshop for Head Teachers (early 2019)
- An online forum to share ideas and practices
- Ongoing telephone and email support
- Bespoke in-school support to include:
- In-school development workshops for staff and pupils
- Students-as-researchers projects
- In-school consultancy
All participating schools will have the opportunity to contribute to a publication describing their experiences. Alongside this, schools can commission bespoke services as above.